The Hyper Eminent, in order to obtain further sonic experience from the Eminent series, is aimed at the pursuit of precision mechanism and reduction or elimination of suspension system vibration modes. The base unit and higher hardness Ultra duralumin (A7075) cantilever is adopted, and with just this single material change, natural resonances in the cartridge system are reduced.
Furthermore, measures were taken to further strengthen the sandwich effect by applying a surface-hardening process. This was aircraft-grade in material and strength. This introduced a problem in the plating, as a hard surface treatment yield rate (yield rate) will not be up to the standard for the Hyper Eminent, and changing the process will be too expensive. Instead, we introduced a special ion-hardening treatment, achieving a surface hardness over Hv1500.
The housing was also improved in relation to the anti-vibration system established, although in a more time-intensive process.
- Type : Low-impedance moving coil cartridge
- Frequency response : 10 - 50,000 Hz
- Output voltage : 0.5mV/1kHz
- Internal impedance : 1.8 Ω
- Loading : 100 - 800Ω (specifically, about 400Ω is recommended)
- Core material : SH-μX
- Magnet : Neodynium #50
- Stylus pressure : 1.9 - 2.2g
- Cantilever : Ultra duralumin (A7075)
- Stylus tip : Semi-line contact (3μm x 30μm)
- Channel balance : within 0.5dB (1kHz)
- Crosstalk : more than 30dB (1kHz)
- Terminals : shiny rhodium-plated pins
- Weight : 9.5g
"This can truly be the best and finest moving coil cartridge on the market today. It 's almost ideal in all important parameters, including one that no other head (I heard) can achieve." -
The Absolute Sound Golden Ear Awards 2009